Sydney, 11th May 2020 – Pen CS Medtech Pitch Night, hosted with Fishburners, is an initiative designed to support data-driven improvement in general practice. This event provides the chance for innovative technology applications to receive support for distribution and engagement in general practice. It is open to all Australian companies who meet eligibility criteria, data governance requirements and clinical guidelines.
“The primary goal of clinical decision support is to improve patient outcomes, increase provider satisfaction, optimise general practice workflow and serve affordable care, using data-driven improvement,” said Managing Director Edweana Wenkart. “The Pitch Night will showcase a selection of applications which will be viewed by a judging panel.”
The Pen CS Medtech Pitch Night will be held virtually online at 5pm on Friday 19th June 2020 via Zoom.
Submit your application by 5th June 2020 to be considered.
Call for Submissions
The Pen CS Medtech Pitch Night is open to emerging start-ups and established organisations whose application meets one of the following criteria.
- Optimises workflow for healthcare providers, especially doctors
- Links data from outside the general practice to provide a more complete view of the patient record
- Saves doctors time and money
- Supports Accreditation, billing efficiency, continuous professional development and other administrative requirements for general practice staff and doctors
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in the Pen CS Medtech Pitch Night, where they will be judged by a panel of three industry professionals. Winners of the Pitch Night will be given the opportunity to work with Pen CS to provide innovation to healthcare providers in the form of a Topbar App.
Pen CS will work with you to adhere to Topbar guidelines, data governance requirements, and to meet the requirements of the Topbar Clinical Advisory Group.
Follow Pen CS on LinkedIn for the latest event updates.
The finalists will live pitch at the virtual online event on Friday, 19th June 2020 at 5pm.
Be a part of the action. Register now for free.
The judging panel:
- Dr Kean-Seng Lim is the Clinical Lead and Co-founder of CareMonitor, a Specialist General Practitioner at Mt Druitt Medical Centre, obtaining qualifications as a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the former AMA (NSW) President and RACGP’s 2015 GP of the Year.
- Peter Birch is an experienced Healthcare Executive with a proven track record of helping HealthTech start-ups and Creator and the host of Talking HealthTech podcast. He is also the Asia Pacific General Manager for MetaOptima and Director of the Medical Software Industry Association, representing the software vendors of the healthcare industry in Australia.
- Edweana Wenkart is the Managing Director of Pen CS, she manages delivery of health informatics software. She began her career in film production where she worked on films including Matrix, Moulin Rouge and Australia. In 2003, she founded award-winning Marketing and PR Agency Tsuki, managing clients including Volvo, University of Western Sydney and Twentieth Century Fox.